Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Getting Started (posted March 17 on old blog)

After a slow start to the semester, I am finally getting into the swing of studying online. This blog has been started for the first subject of my Masters of Education (Teacher Librarian) and will hopefully continue to be used as a learning journal for the rest of my degree.

I am in my first year out from my undergrad degree of Bachelor of Education (Primary) and have decided that I prefer working with a variety of students across a school rather than sticking with one class the whole time. I have always loved books and my spare room at home is currently looking more like a library than an office. I worked for a few years in a large bookstore and my favourite part of the job was recommending a new title to another bibliophile.

I am struggling to find a balance between working part-time as a relief teacher during the days and working 6 nights a week as a nanny. The challenge now after my slow start is to catch up enough on the readings that I can start on my first assignment as soon as possible. That way I can stop having melt downs about whether I made the right choice to continue studying.

Currently reading: The Book of Lies by James Moloney

No comments:

Post a Comment